Gillette India Q2 net profit rises 17% to Rs64 crore
Gillette India reports net profit of Rs64.34 crore for the quarter ended 30 September, compared to Rs54.84 crore during the same period last year
New Delhi: Gillette India Ltd on Monday reported a 17.32% increase in its net profit at Rs64.34 crore for the quarter ended September. The company, which follows July-June financial year, had posted a net profit at Rs54.84 crore during the same period of the previous fiscal, Gillette India said in a regulatory filing.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs409.15 crore as against Rs428.17 crore in the year-ago period.
“Driven by focus on brand fundamentals, the comparable sales were up 10% versus year ago,” the company said, adding that reported sales were down 3% due to changes in treatment of indirect taxes post GST.
While sales in grooming segment was up 1%, sales in oral care was up 35% compared to the year ago period, it added.
Gillette India stock closed 2.12% down at Rs5,861.35 apiece on BSE on Monday, while the Sensex fell 0.84% to close at Rs33,033.56 points.
- Biocon receives EIR from USFDA for its Bengaluru facility producing sterile
- Infosys to now focus on relentless execution, stability concerns addressed: Nandan Nilekani
- McDonald’s adopts eco-friendly cutlery in West and South India
- US investors seek Chanda Kochhar’s ouster from ICICI Bank
- LIC seeks govt nod to buy controlling stake in IDBI Bank
Editor's Picks »
- With an eye on rapid regional transport systems, India hosts third AIIB annual meet
- Fire breaks out at a factory in Delhi’s Udyog Nagar
- Saudis pledge decisive oil supply boost to comfort consumers
- Car tariffs? Europe is ready to retaliate as trade dispute grows
- Narendra Modi says Congress tradition of vote-bank politics fading