Zomato appoints Sameer Maheshwary as CFO
Sameer Maheshwary, currently the CFO at GE South Asia, will join Zomato in July
New Delhi: Zomato on Thursday said it has hired long-time General Electric executive Sameer Maheshwary as its new chief financial officer (CFO).
Maheshwary, currently the CFO at GE South Asia, will join Zomato in July.
He fills the role left vacant by Umesh Hora, who left in late 2015 to join as CFO of GirnarSoft Pvt Ltd, the company behind CarDekho.com.
“As we expand the canvas of our offerings, it is time for us to bring on stronger leaders at the helm of things. Sameer is an industry veteran, and has a core finance background supplemented with business leadership roles. We’re excited to leverage his knowledge and depth of experience and are excited to build further with him,” said Zomato chief executive Deepinder Goyal.
Maheshwary has been with GE since 1999 and has held various finance and business roles in US, Japan and India. He was earlier the co-chief executive officer at SBI Card, a joint venture between State Bank of India and GE Capital.
Maheshwary is an alumnus of Manchester Business School, UK and Delhi College of Engineering.
The latest appointment comes amid a phase of senior management rejig at Zomato. The firm has promoted Mukund Kulashekaran to the role of chief business officer and advertising head Gaurav Gupta to chief operating officer.
Pankaj Chaddah, Zomato’s co-founder and its de facto COO until recently, resigned in March.
- GAIL seeks to invest in start-ups solar power plants
- Jet Airways likely to sub-lease 7 ATR planes to TruJet
- Malaysia’s Axiata relinquishes major rights in Idea ahead of Vodafone merger
- BPCL Mumbai unit to remain shut for at least 2 months after fire
- Supertech to invest ₹800 crore this fiscal on various projects to deliver 10,000 flats
Editor's Picks »
- Debt funds vs bank fixed deposits (FDs): What you need to know
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts
- Paintbrush meets pixel at India’s first Artificial Intelligence art show