Murugappa Group appoints M.M. Murugappan as executive chairman
M.M. Murugappan , who was the vice-chairman, succeeds A Vellayan, who served as executive chairman from November 2009, the company said
New Delhi: Diversified conglomerate Murugappa Group on Monday said it has appointed M.M. Murugappan as the executive chairman.
Murugappan, who was the vice-chairman, succeeds A Vellayan, who served as executive chairman from November 2009, the company said in a statement.
Murugappan is on the board of several companies outside the Murugappa Group including Mahindra & Mahindra and Cyient Ltd as also on the board of governors of IIT-Madras, for six years till November.
Since November 2009, Murugappan served as the Group’s vice-chairman, spearheading technology, innovation and environment, health and safety (EHS) initiatives, the statement said.
In April 2006, Murugappan was appointed chairman of Tube Investments of India (TII). On the other hand, A Vellayan steered the Group’s growth through organic and inorganic initiatives, recording nearly 100% increase in revenue from Rs15,907 crore in 2008 -09 to Rs30,023 crore in 2016-17.
Editor's Picks »
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars