Infosys to invest ₹ 750 crore in first phase of upcoming Noida campus
Infosys Noida campus can accommodate a total staff strength of 5,000, the company says
New Delhi: Software services firm Infosys Ltd on Sunday said it will invest approximately ₹ 750 crore in the first phase of its upcoming facility in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The IT firm also announced the expansion of its Noida campus with the commencement of work on its new software development centre. “As part of this project, Infosys will invest approx ₹ 750 crore in the first phase of construction to build a 2.7 million square feet facility that can accommodate a total staff strength of 5,000,” Infosys said in a statement.
The project, for which the Uttar Pradesh government has allocated 27.5 acres of land in Sector 85, Noida, will be one the most sustainable projects in the region, with extensive efforts to minimize the facility’s carbon footprint by leveraging innovation and technology in the construction process. “The facility is a critical part of our effort to enhance our presence in the national capital region and leverage the talent pool available in this market,” Infosys said.
Infosys Noida facility was also felicitated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as part of the “Rising UP, Powering New India” event in Lucknow.
With PTI inputs
- Alyque Padamsee, advertising veteran, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India