Air India flies maiden direct flight to Stockholm with an all women crew
Air India on Wednesday launched direct flights from Delhi to Stockholm, making the Swedish capital its tenth destination in Europe
New Delhi: Air India on Wednesday launched direct flights from here to Stockholm, making the Swedish capital its tenth destination in Europe.
The airline operated a Dreamliner Boeing 787 with an all-woman crew. Air India will be offering thrice-a-week service from Delhi to Stockholm with flights every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Olympian and ace shooter Gagan Narang and cricketer Harbhajan Singh were among the passengers onboard the maiden flight.
The launch event included lighting of lamp and cake and ribbon cutting ceremonies at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in the presence of Air India Chairman Ashwani Lohani and Chargé d’Affaires of Embassy of Sweden, Gautam Bhattacharyya.
“With an increase in passenger volume between India and Sweden by 50% in three years, the direct flight is likely to further bolster the growing relationship between India and Sweden,” according to a press statement issued by the Embassy of Sweden.
The national carrier is also expected to add another destination in Europe next month with flights to Danish capital Copenhagen.
Editor's Picks »
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself