Axis Capital CEO Dharmesh Mehta steps down
Axis Capital board elevates Salil Pitale and Chirag Negandhi as Joint Managing Directors and Co-Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect
New Delhi: Leading Investment Bank Axis Capital on Tuesday said its MD & CEO Dharmesh Mehta has stepped down. The bank also said it has elevated Salil Pitale and Chirag Negandhi as Joint Managing Directors and Co-Chief Executive Officer.
Pitale and Negandhi’s appointment will be with immediate effect, the company said in a statement.
“Dharmesh Mehta, MD & CEO of Axis Capital today submitted his resignation, having decided to pursue other interests,” the company said.
The Board of Axis Capital in a meeting held today accepted Mehta’s resignation.
It further said: “The Board has decided to elevate Salil Pitale and Chirag Negandhi as Joint Managing Directors & Co-Chief Executive Officer”.
However, their elevation will be subject to requisite regulatory approvals, it added.
Both are currently Co-Head of Investment Banking at Axis Capital since 2016.
Pitale has been with Axis Capital and Axis Bank since 1999, and has led several sector practices for the investment bank.
While, Negandhi is with Axis Capital since 2005.
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position