Additional coal secretary Suresh Kumar appointed CIL CMD
At Coal India Ltd Suresh Kumar replaces Gopal Singh, who was brought in from Central Coalfields, a subsidiary
Kolkata: The union coal ministry has appointed additional coal secretary Suresh Kumar chairman and managing director of Coal India Ltd (CIL). Kumar has taken charge with effect from Monday, the state-owned miner announced in a regulatory filing.
CIL has not had a full-time chairman and managing director for the past eight months since Sutirtha Bhattacharya retired in August.
Kumar replaces Gopal Singh, who was brought in from Central Coalfields Ltd, a subsidiary where he was the chairman.
A CIL official who asked not to be named said the government had been trying to find someone suitable for the job for almost a year. Singh was initially appointed for a six-month term, which was later extended, he added.
Editor's Picks »
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end