Daimler to split business into cars, trucks, mobility units
The company said it would set up three legally independent entities —Mercedes-Benz AG, Daimler Truck AG and Daimler Mobility AG, under the umbrella of Daimler AG
Frankfurt: Daimler unveiled a new corporate structure on Thursday designed to give its trucks, mobility services and Mercedes-Benz car division greater scope to chase growth in an era when carmakers prepare to launch fleets of autonomous cars.
The company said it would set up three legally independent entities —Mercedes-Benz AG, Daimler Truck AG and Daimler Mobility AG, under the umbrella of Daimler AG.
As part of the reorganisation it has struck an agreement with labour representatives that includes a pledge to secure jobs and invest in German sites, it said.
- Alyque Padamsee, advertising veteran, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India