Phillips Carbon Black profit rises more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore
- TCS 1st Indian company to close trading session with $100 billion market cap
- Axis Bank posts Q4 loss of Rs2,189 crore on provisions for bad loans
- India will network with Asia’s major oil buyers to bargain with sellers
- Lodha Developers files IPO paper with Sebi
- Dish TV’s Rs3,701 crore open offer to start on 5 June
Kolkata: Phillips Carbon Black Ltd (PCBL), which produces a key ingredient for tyres, on Thursday said its net profit in the March quarter surged more than nine-fold to Rs28 crore from Rs3 crore in the year-ago period because of better realisation and an 11% growth in sales by volume.
The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company said its March quarter revenue grew 20% year-on-year to Rs613.33 crore despite a fall in carbon black prices.
Profit before tax for the quarter at Rs63 crore and for the whole year at Rs168 crore were the highest ever, the company said in a statement.