Dish TV promoter companies offer to buy 26% stake for Rs3,701 crore
Dish TV promoter entities World Crest Advisors Llp, together with Veena Investments Pvt. Ltd and Direct Media Distribution Venture Pvt. Ltd, announced an offer to acquire shares of Dish TV at a price of Rs74 per share
New Delhi: Promoter group entities of Dish TV have made an offer to buy an additional 26% equity stake from public shareholders of the direct-to-home (DTH) player for Rs3,701 crore.
In a public announcement made to the shareholders, Dish TV promoter entities World Crest Advisors Llp, together with Veena Investments Pvt. Ltd and Direct Media Distribution Venture Pvt. Ltd, announced an offer to acquire shares of Dish TV at a price of Rs74 per share.
The offer is being made to all the shareholders of Dish TV to acquire up to 50.01 crore (50,01,87,979) shares of the company that form 26% of the emerging share capital, payable in cash.
The open offer price is about 3% lower than the current price of Dish TV at Rs76 on the BSE.
Last month, after over a year of snag, the merger of DTH operators Dish TV India and Videocon d2h was concluded.
Shares of Dish TV were trading 2.98% higher at Rs76 apiece on the BSE on the morning trade.
- RBI slaps Rs 1 crore fine on Indian Bank for violating cyber security norms
- OweMe raises $1 million in seed round from Pi Ventures
- Petrol, diesel prices cut again today, down Rs 11-Rs 14 a litre in two months
- Aavishkaar sells 25% stake to US pension fund TIAA’s Nuveen
- iPhone ban in China may push Apple, Qualcomm toward settlement
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices