Karnataka police files chargesheet against Mehul Choksi in cheating case
Karnataka police filed chargesheet against Mehul Choksi in connection with a Rs 9.11 crore cheating case registered against him in 2015
New Delhi: Close in the heels of the Indian government pursuing Gitanjali gems promoter Mehul Choksi’s extradition with Antigua, the Karnataka Police, on Thursday, filed a chargesheet against Mehul Choksi, who is an accused in the Rs14, 356 Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud case.
The chargesheet was filed in a court in Bengaluru in connection with a Rs 9.11 crore cheating case registered against him in 2015.
The chargesheet against Choksi was filed before the First Additional Chief Metropolitant Magistrate court on 7 August, IGP (Economic Offences) Hemant Nimbalkar told PTI on Thursday.
Police had registered an FIR against Choksi in 2015 based on a complaint by city-based jeweller Hari Prasad, he said.
The court issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Choksi, who is now in Antigua, police said.
PTI contributed to this story.
- RBI loosens curbs on companies’ offshore borrowing, move seen supporting rupee
- NCLT rejects Edelweiss bid for Bharati Defence
- US retailer Sears saved from the brink for time being: reports
- Delhi airport operator DIAL to levy X-ray baggage charges from Feb 1
- Byju’s acquires US-based Osmo for $120 million
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers