Punj Lloyd Q1 net loss narrows to Rs 194 crore
Punj Lloyd posted its net loss narrowing to Rs194.32 crore for the first quarter
New Delhi: Infrastructure major Punj Lloyd on Thursday saw its net loss narrowing to Rs194.32 crore for the first quarter ended 30 June, 2017. The company had clocked a net loss of Rs211.39 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2016-17, Punj Lloyd said in a BSE filing.
Net sales of the company during the quarter rose to Rs977.34 crore from Rs887.57 crore during the corresponding quarter a year ago. Its total expenses too rose to Rs1,286.22 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs1,221.56 crore in the year-ago period.
Punj Lloyd Group is a diversified international conglomerate offering EPC services in energy and infrastructure along with engineering and manufacturing capabilities in the defence sector. Shares of the company closed 5% down at Rs18.95 on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Infosys says increased visa application rejections could result in delays, higher project costs
- Marooned and musty in Kolkata
- All peril, no play: notes from a rain-hater
- GST rates cut: From refrigerator to washing machine, 88 items to get cheaper
- 3 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu & Kashmir’s Kulgam district
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself