ITC Q1 profit rises 7.4% to Rs2,561 crore
ITC profit rose to Rs2,561 crore in its first quarter ended 30 June from Rs2,385 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Cigarettes-to-biscuits maker ITC Ltd reported a 7.4% increase in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales from its cigarettes segment.
Profit rose to Rs2,561 crore ($399.47 million) in its first quarter ended 30 June from Rs2,385 crore a year earlier, India’s biggest cigarettes maker said on Thursday.
Analysts on average had expected the company to post a profit of Rs2,581crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Revenue from operations rose about 4% to Rs13,800 crore, while revenue from its cigarettes segment grew 6.6%.Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one
- Is Reliance Jio really India’s most profitable telecom firm?
- How US-China trade war will affect India
- Dear ICICI Bank board, giving a red card to Chanda Kochhar is not enough