Marico Q1 profit rises 10% at ₹260 crore
Marico reported 10.25% rise in consolidated net profit at ₹260.13 crore for the quarter ended 30 June as against a net profit of ₹235.93 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal
New Delhi: FMCG firm Marico on Thursday reported 10.25% rise in consolidated net profit at ₹260.13 crore for the quarter ended 30 June. The company had reported a net profit of ₹235.93 crore in April-June quarter of 2017-18.
Total income during the reported quarter stood at ₹2,050.8 crore. It was ₹1,714.53 crore in the June quarter of 2017-18, Marico said in a BSE filing.
It said during the quarter its India business volumes grew 12.4% while the International business posted a currency growth of 7% (volume growth of 3%). “The FMCG Business in India achieved a turnover of ₹1,628 crore ($243 million), a growth of 23% over the same period last year,” it added.
Marico said revenue from International business stood at ₹399 crore in the reported quarter as against ₹365 crore in the same period a year ago.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers