CNG costlier by 35 paisa, PNG by 81 paisa in Delhi
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha Review: Light and comfortable, but a bit pricey
- Deals Buzz: Motherson Sumi plans 3 acquisitions in next six months
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against chief justice Dipak Misra
- Indian economy and the threat to the current account deficit
- Google isn’t relying on failed AI to fix Android messaging
New Delhi: CNG prices were on Tuesday hiked by 35 paisa per kg in the national capital following increase in labor cost because of rise in minimum wages notified by the Delhi government.
Announcing the revision in price, Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) said the consumer price of CNG in Delhi will be increased by 35 paisa per kg and by 40 paisa per kg in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad. “The new consumer price of Rs37.65 per kg in Delhi and Rs43.15 per kg in Noida, Greater Noida & Ghaziabad would be effective from midnight tonight,” the company said in a statement.
IGL said it will continue to offer a discount of Rs1.50 per kg on the selling prices of CNG for filling between 12.30am to 5.30am at select outlets. Also, the rates of cooking gas piped to kitchens was hiked by 81 paisa per square cubic metre. “The price of domestic piped natural gas (PNG) in Delhi will increase from Rs24.05 per scm to Rs24.86 per scm and in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad will increase from Rs25.56 per scm to Rs26.37 per scm,” it said.
IGL said that the increase in retail prices of CNG and PNG has been effected due to increase in operational expenses as a result of hike in minimum wages notified by the Delhi government recently.