Trent Q3 profit rises 14% to Rs37 crore
- US-China trade war: WTO warns trade barriers will ‘jeopardise global economy’
- Isro’s Chandrayaan-2 launch postponed to October as the moon mission requires more tests
- Elon Musk deletes Facebook pages of SpaceX and Tesla, joins #DeleteFacebook crusade
- Commerce ministry terminates anti-dumping probe on solar cells
- Rahul Gandhi targets Ravi Shankar Prasad for pendency of cases
Mumbai: Trent Ltd, a retail chain run by the Tata Group that operates Westside and Star Bazaar stores, Monday said net profit increased 14% to Rs37.22 crore in the quarter ended 31 December from Rs32.65 crore in the year-ago period.
Total income increased 14.88% to Rs440.71 crore for the fiscal third quarter, compared with Rs383.63 crore a year ago.
An analyst polled by Bloomberg had estimated a stand alone net profit of Rs24.50 crore and revenue of Rs422 crore.
The stock rose 1.59% to close at Rs210.20 on Monday while the BSE Sensex closed at 27117.34 points or 0.31% above its previous close.