Emami reports Q3 profit of Rs134.34 crore
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
- Slay the beast of social media to curb societal ills
- Karnataka polls may turn out to be anybody’s game
Kolkata: With its business impacted by demonetisation and the liquidity crunch in its aftermath, consumer goods maker Emami Ltd on Monday reported a net profit of Rs134.34 crore in the quarter ended 31 December, almost unchanged from the same period a year earlier.
The company said its domestic sales grew 3% year-on-year but consolidated revenue, which includes exports, remained flat at Rs726 crore.
However, cash profit for the quarter at Rs216 crore was 5.3% higher than the previous year.