Tata Motors names Rajendra Petkar chief technology officer
Tata Motors says Rajendra Petkar has been officiating in this role since November 2017 and will lead product development and engineering of vehicles and components
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd on Friday named Rajendra Petkar as the firm’s chief technology officer effective 1 April.
The company said Petkar has been officiating in this role since November 2017 and will be responsible for leading product development and engineering of vehicles and components at the firm.
Petkar was previously heading the power systems engineering (PSE) unit at Tata Motors since October 2013 where he was responsible for design and development of engines, transmissions and advanced powertrain concepts.
Petkar will represent Tata Motors at various automotive bodies and will also serve as a director on the board of Tata Cummins Pvt. Ltd, a manufacturing joint venture with Cummins Inc. of USA.
An alumnus of IIT Mumbai, Petkar joined Tata Motors in 1989 as a postgraduate trainee engineer and has amassed over 28 years of automotive research and development.
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position