Tata Motors names Rajendra Petkar chief technology officer
Tata Motors says Rajendra Petkar has been officiating in this role since November 2017 and will lead product development and engineering of vehicles and components
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd on Friday named Rajendra Petkar as the firm’s chief technology officer effective 1 April.
The company said Petkar has been officiating in this role since November 2017 and will be responsible for leading product development and engineering of vehicles and components at the firm.
Petkar was previously heading the power systems engineering (PSE) unit at Tata Motors since October 2013 where he was responsible for design and development of engines, transmissions and advanced powertrain concepts.
Petkar will represent Tata Motors at various automotive bodies and will also serve as a director on the board of Tata Cummins Pvt. Ltd, a manufacturing joint venture with Cummins Inc. of USA.
An alumnus of IIT Mumbai, Petkar joined Tata Motors in 1989 as a postgraduate trainee engineer and has amassed over 28 years of automotive research and development.
- Realty developers seek govt’s intervention to tide over slowdown
- Supplies of BP drug Valsartan from China under scanner of Indian drug authorities
- JSW Cement to set up 1 mtpa clinker unit in UAE at $150 million
- AION-JSW bid for Monnet Ispat gets NCLT nod
- Jaypee-homebuyers case: Supreme Court reserves verdict on course of action
Editor's Picks »
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey