Suzlon Energy arm exits Brazilian market
New Delhi: Suzlon Energy on Saturday said its arm Suzlon Energia Eolica do Brasil Ltda (SEOB) has exited the Brazilian market.
“Suzlon Energy Ltd (company) announces the filing of voluntary liquidation of its Brazilian subsidiary Suzlon Energia Eolica do Brasil Ltda (SEOB),” the company said in a filing to BSE.
The decision does not, in any way, alter Suzlon’s global operations strategy, it said. SEOB was established in 2006 to manage business operations in Brazil. SEOB has taken this decision after carefully considering all options and as a consequence of multiple factors that are unique to Brazil, the filing said.
“We believe that this is a responsible decision for the benefit of long-term sustainability of the company and its shareholders,” the company spokesperson said.
- CPM rules out alliance with Congress, but to have ‘understanding’
- SCO meet: No bilaterals between foreign, defence ministers of India, Pakistan
- Income tax dept steps up surveillance to crack down on unaccounted use of funds
- HDFC Bank Q4 net profit rises 20% to Rs4,799 crore
- Right to equality can be invoked if COC violates bankruptcy code: NCLT chairman