Zomato launches subscription-based ‘Zomato Gold’ in India
Online restaurant guide and food ordering app Zomato launched its ‘Zomato Gold’ programme—a paid subscription-based service—in India
New Delhi: Online restaurant guide and food ordering app Zomato on Tuesday launched its “Zomato Gold” programme—a paid subscription-based service—in India.
As part of the programme, subscribers will get access to complimentary food and drinks at over 1,200 top-rated restaurant partners, when they place an order. The service—which was launched in the UAE and Portugal earlier this year—will be available at an inaugural price of Rs299 (three months) and Rs999 (12 months).
“We are super excited to bring Zomato Gold to India, and are sure our users, as well as restaurant partners, are both going to find this hugely beneficial,” Zomato founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said. He added that to start with, restaurants and bars across Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru have been added and “Gold” will be extended to other Indian cities over the next few weeks.
Zomato said its other user subscription offering, Zomato Treats, has already crossed over 60,000 subscribing members.
Editor's Picks »
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself