Harley-Davidson appoints Peter MacKenzie as India operations MD
Peter MacKenzie will manage Harley-Davidson India’s leadership team to expand the reach and impact of the brand in the country
New Delhi: American cult-bike manufacturer Harley-Davidson on Monday named Peter MacKenzie as managing director of its India operations.
MacKenzie will assume the role with immediate effect in addition to his current role as managing director for Greater China, the company said in a statement.
MacKenzie will continue to be based in Shanghai while Harley-Davidson India country manager Manish Agarwal will be providing him support on a day-to-day basis, the statement added.
In his new role, MacKenzie will manage Harley-Davidson India’s leadership team responsible for in-country sales, dealer network management, marketing, service and operations activities to expand the company’s presence in the country.
Commenting on the appointment, Harley-Davidson vice president and managing director (international markets) Marc McAllister said MacKenzie would provide strong leadership to grow reach and impact of the brand, as the company expands dealership network in India.
“India is a strategic market for us in line with our company strategy to build the next generation of Harley-Davidson riders globally,” McAllister added.
MacKenzie joined Harley-Davidson in 2010 and has 25 years of experience.
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors
- Indian Railways will become net zero-carbon emitter by 2030: Piyush Goyal
- Gujarat NRE Coke proposes to repay ₹2,961 crore over 20-year period
- After Audi CEO arrest, key stakeholders in crisis talks
- Pradeep Parameswaran named Uber’s India head
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead