Tech Mahindra buys 22.14% stake in Comviva from Bharti Group for Rs227 crore
Tech Mahindra has acquired from the Bharti Group further stake of 22.14% for a consideration of Rs226.9 crore paid in cash
New Delhi: IT firm Tech Mahindra on Friday said it has acquired additional 22.14% stake in Comviva Technologies Ltd (CTL) from Bharti Group for Rs226.9 crore.
Besides, the company is in the process of buying another 9.93% stake in CTL from Westbridge Ventures II Investment Holdings for a consideration of Rs101.75 crore in cash, it said in a BSE filing. “Tech Mahindra has acquired from the Bharti Group further stake of 22.14 per cent (48,41,050 equity shares) for a consideration of Rs 226.9 crore paid in cash,” it said.
It added that the process of acquiring 21.70 lakh equity shares from Westbridge Ventures II Investment Holdings (worth Rs101.75 crore) in cash is likely to be completed in this month. “Post this, Tech Mahindra will hold 99.17 per cent stake in CTL,” it said.
Shares of Tech Mahindra closed at Rs492.55 apiece, up marginally from its previous close on the BSE.
- LIC makes open offer to acquire 26% stake in IDBI Bank
- Petrol price back to January levels, diesel tracking April rates. Today’s fuel prices in top cities
- Binny Bansal seeks $100 mn from Walmart after Flipkart exit
- Why independent directors are rushing for the exit door
- Yes Bank sells over 2% stake in Fortis Healthcare
Editor's Picks »
- NGT lifeline for Vedanta’s Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi awaits political test
- Worries about slowdown in global economy are mounting
- Core inflation flourishes in Rural India amid growing agrarian crisis
- India’s agrarian, liquidity crisis weigh on its consumption story
- What a Brookfield-Leela deal means for the hotels sector