Sun TV Q3 profit little changed at Rs214 crore, misses estimates
Profit during the December quarter was little changed from a year earlier on tepid growth in advertising revenue
Chennai: Kalanithi Maran’s Sun TV Network Ltd on Friday said net profit for the quarter ended 31 December 2015 was little changed from a year earlier on tepid growth in advertising revenue.
The Chennai-based company posted a net profit of Rs.214 crore, slightly down from Rs.216 crore a year ago. Net profit fell short of the estimate of Rs.227 crore in a Bloomberg survey of analysts.
Net sales rose to Rs.574 crore from Rs.552 crore a year ago. Analysts polled by Bloomberg had estimated sales of Rs.601 crore.
Advertising revenue increased 2% to Rs.298 crore in the quarter ended 31 December from year ago.
Sun TV share closed at Rs.329.70, up by 1.01 %, as the benchmark Sensex ended higher by 0.15 % at 22,986.12 points.
Editor's Picks »
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges people to shun plastics
- Three dozen companies line up IPOs worth Rs35,000 crore
- Niti Aayog says all macroeconomic parameters improved in four years of Modi govt
- Inclusion of ATF under GST will help airlines cut cost, says Suresh Prabhu
- Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars