Marico’s Q4 profit rises 24% to Rs138.43 crore
Marico’s consolidated net sales increased 6.5% to Rs1,302.78 crore in the March quarter from Rs1,222.98 crore
- Titan targets₹40,000 crore from jewellery business by FY23
- Chief technology officers of Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel quit
- MMTC and STC merger unlikely
- Housing sales in Noida, Greater Noida rise 51% in Q2, dip 52% in Gurgaon: PropTiger
- Fiat Chrysler names Jeep boss Mike Manley to replace stricken CEO Marchionne
Mumbai: Packaged consumer goods maker Marico Ltd on Friday reported a 24% increase in net profit for the quarter ended 31 March, largely in line with analyst estimates.
Consolidated net profit rose to Rs.138.43 crore in the quarter from Rs.110.03 crore a year earlier. An analysts’ survey by Bloomberg had forecast a profit of Rs.135 crore.
Marico’s consolidated net sales increased 6.5% to Rs.1,302.78 crore in the March quarter from Rs.1,222.98 crore. The Bloomberg survey had forecast sales of Rs.1,310.7 crore for the maker of Parachute and Saffola oils.
Shares of Marico rose 2.77% to Rs.258.30 apiece on BSE, while the Sensex was nearly unchanged at 25,606.62 points.
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself