CEO posts in healthcare dominated by family members
The healthcare sector is dominated by promoter family presence—around 74% of the CEO positions are being held by family members
The median CEO pay in the healthcare sector is aligned with that of S&P BSE 500 companies. However, in specific pockets, there are a few worrying trends—more than a fourth of the CEOs draw a remuneration of more than Rs10 crore; CEO pay as a multiple of employee pay is more than 100 times; and lack of gender pay equality.
Further, the sector is dominated by promoter family presence—around 33% of companies have four or more executive directors from the family on their boards and around 74% of the CEO positions are being held by family members.
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position