Trent looking to double Westside store count within five years
Tata Group’s retailer Trent is looking to start at least 10 new Westside stores in the east, where it does not have enough stores currently
Kolkata: Tata Group’s retailer Trent Ltd is looking to expand its operations by opening at least 30 new Westside stores ever year for the next five years, its managing director Phillip Auld said at a press conference in Kolkata on Friday.
Trent currently has 126 stores across the country.
The new stores are to be evenly split between metros and tier-II cities, according to Auld. In the current fiscal, Trent is looking to start at least 10 new Westside stores in the east, where it does not have enough stores currently, he added.
The planned expansion will include stores started by franchises.
- Life Healthcare sells its 49.7% stake in Max Healthcare for $293 million
- RBI allows Rana Kapoor to continue as Yes Bank MD, CEO till January-end
- GST’s anti-profiteering body rules against builder Pyramid Infratech, victory for home buyers
- Tax officials survey Jet Airways offices in Mumbai, Delhi
- Flipkart launches cashless credit, may apply for NBFC license