Jaguar Land Rover launches diesel variant of JLR XE sedan
- L&T sells Bengaluru land parcel to Phoenix-CPPIB platform for Rs650 crore
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
- Cash crunch: Rs2000, 500 notes make up 97% of cash seized in Karnataka before assembly polls
- Union cabinet approves ordinance for death penalty to child rapists
New Delhi: Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover India on Monday kicked off sale of its new diesel variant of Jaguar XE sedan at a starting price of Rs 38.25 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi).
The new diesel variant is powered by a 2 litre engine that delivers a power output of 132 kW, the company said in a statement.
This will enhance the portfolio of Jaguar XE sedan which has a 2 litre petrol engine version already on sale in India since January 2016.
The petrol version is priced at Rs 37.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Commenting on the launch, Jaguar Land Rover India managing director Rohit Suri said the XE has been a very successful model from the Jaguar family. “With the Jaguar XE diesel, we are confident of further expanding our customer base in the country,” he added.
Based on Jaguar’s light-weight aluminium architecture derived from the aerospace industry, XE sedan is equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission and other hi-tech features such as torque vectoring by braking and all surface progress control, the company said.