Biocon sells 1.88% stake in Syngene for Rs230 crore
Syngene International promoter Biocon says it has sold 37,65,574 equity shares of Syngene amounting to 1.88% through open market sale
New Delhi: Biocon Ltd has sold close to 2% stake in its research arm Syngene International for an estimated Rs230 crore.
“Biocon, the promoter of Syngene International, on 16 May 2018 has sold 37,65,574 equity shares amounting to 1.88% of the equity share capital of Syngene through open market sale,” Biocon said in a regulatory filing.
In a separate filing, Syngene said Biocon has sold the shares for achieving minimum public shareholding requirement.
Based on average weighted price of Syngene’s shares on 16 May at Rs611.02 apiece, the transaction is estimated at Rs230.08 crore. Post transaction, stake of promoter and promoter group in the company stands at 72.57%. Public shareholding is 25.90%.
Shares of Biocon were trading 1.60% at Rs650.00 apiece on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Karntaka govt formation: Kingmaker H.D. Kumaraswamy becomes the king
- CLAT 2018: Supreme Court to hear pleas challenging law entrance exam held on 13 May
- Grasim Industries Q4 net profit at Rs 853.62 crore
- Govt waives Rs1,077 crore penal interest on loans to Paradip Port
- Hyatt brings Hyatt Centric brand to India
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating