IL&FS unable to meet interest payment obligations
IL&FS was also unable to meet its obligations for a letter of credit payment to IDBI Bank, which were due on Thursday
New Delhi: Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) was unable to service its obligations on interest payments on non-convertible debentures that were due on Friday, the company said in a statement.
The company was also unable to meet its obligations for a letter of credit payment to IDBI Bank, which were due on Thursday, it said in a stock exchange filing.
In recent days, the company has also said it has been unable to service its commercial paper obligations. On 15 September IL&FS told the exchanges that it had received “notices for delays and defaults” in servicing some inter-corporate deposits.
Separately on Friday, IL&FS said its managing director and chief executive Ramesh C. Bawa had resigned.
Editor's Picks »
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices
- RBI’s new loan rate math for banks cannot ignore deposits
- Maruti loses speed as PV growth slows amid rising challenges
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds