NTPC Q3 profit falls 4%, misses expectations
Bengaluru: India’s power producer NTPC Ltd reported a 4% fall in quarterly profit on Wednesday, missing analysts’ estimates.
Profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore ($370.96 million) from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier, the company said in a statement.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,680 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
However, revenue from its generation segment was up 5% at Rs20,558 crore.
NTPC shares ended at Rs170.25 at BSE.
- CBI cracks Kotkhai rape-murder case with help of DNA, blood sample
- Alteria Cap raises Rs100 crore from SIDBI for Rs1,000 crore debt fund
- BigBasket may invest in DailyNinja, Milkbasket
- Plea seeking sentences under PMLA, corruption, benami laws to run consecutively filed in SC
- Foreign investors pulled $657 million out of Indian equities this month