NTPC Q3 profit falls 4%, misses expectations
NTPC’s profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: India’s power producer NTPC Ltd reported a 4% fall in quarterly profit on Wednesday, missing analysts’ estimates.
Profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore ($370.96 million) from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier, the company said in a statement.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,680 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
However, revenue from its generation segment was up 5% at Rs20,558 crore.
NTPC shares ended at Rs170.25 at BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude