NTPC Q3 profit falls 4%, misses expectations
NTPC’s profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: India’s power producer NTPC Ltd reported a 4% fall in quarterly profit on Wednesday, missing analysts’ estimates.
Profit after tax from continuing operations for the third quarter ended 31 December fell to Rs2,361 crore ($370.96 million) from Rs2,469 crore a year earlier, the company said in a statement.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs2,680 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
However, revenue from its generation segment was up 5% at Rs20,558 crore.
NTPC shares ended at Rs170.25 at BSE.
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position