Strides Shasun gets USFDA approval for Parkinson’s drug
- L&T sells Bengaluru land parcel to Phoenix-CPPIB platform for Rs650 crore
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
- Cash crunch: Rs2000, 500 notes make up 97% of cash seized in Karnataka before assembly polls
- Union cabinet approves ordinance for death penalty to child rapists
New Delhi: Strides Shasun on Thursday said it has received approval from the US health regulator, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for Amantadine Hydrochloride, used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and select viral infections, in the American market.
“The product has received approval in 15 months under the USFDA’s new product clearance regime of GDUFA. The product will be launched immediately,” Strides Shasun said in a BSE filing.
Amantadine Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Shingles (Herpes Zoster) to reduce pain. Quoting IMS data, Strides Shasun said the US market for Amantadine Hydrochloride is approximately $25 million with three generic players.
Shares of the company were trading 2.29% higher at Rs958 on BSE.