Fire breaks out at high-rise office building in Kolkata’s Park Street
No one was injured in the fire that broke out at about 11.10 am on the fifth floor
Kolkata: A fire broke out on the fifth floor of a high-rise office building in the posh Park Street here Monday, an official said.
No one was injured in the fire that broke out at about 11.10 am on the fifth floor of the multi-storied building called Apeejay House, the Fire Brigade official said.
“Several fire tenders are busy in dousing the flames,” he said.
Efforts are being made to evacuate the building, which houses several corporate offices and headquarters of the Apeejay Surendra Group.
“Initially, light smoke was seen around 11 am, but by 11.30 flames were seen gushing out of windows with thick black smoke,” eyewitnesses said.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text)
Editor's Picks »
- RIL Q3 results: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms