Fire breaks out at high-rise office building in Kolkata’s Park Street
No one was injured in the fire that broke out at about 11.10 am on the fifth floor
Kolkata: A fire broke out on the fifth floor of a high-rise office building in the posh Park Street here Monday, an official said.
No one was injured in the fire that broke out at about 11.10 am on the fifth floor of the multi-storied building called Apeejay House, the Fire Brigade official said.
“Several fire tenders are busy in dousing the flames,” he said.
Efforts are being made to evacuate the building, which houses several corporate offices and headquarters of the Apeejay Surendra Group.
“Initially, light smoke was seen around 11 am, but by 11.30 flames were seen gushing out of windows with thick black smoke,” eyewitnesses said.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text)
Editor's Picks »
- Opinion | Experiments with a versatile pseudograin
- Tata Investment board approves ₹450 crore share buy-back
- Kotak Mahindra Bank surpasses Maruti Suzuki in market cap to enter top 10 club
- Got two WhatsApp numbers? Here’s how to use both of them on the same phone
- BlackBerry to buy cybersecurity firm Cylance for $1.4 billion
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India