Tata Power Q3 profit declines at Rs612 crore, beats estimate
Tata Power reports a profit of Rs612 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December 2017, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago
Bengaluru: Tata Power Co. Ltd reported a marginal drop in quarterly profit, but beats analysts’ forecasts.
Profit attributable to owners came in at Rs612 crore in the quarter ended 31 December, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago, the company said on Wednesday.
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of Rs426 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Revenue from its power business was up 7% to Rs6,685 crore for the quarter.
At 3pm, Tata Power shares traded 0.52% up at Rs87.25 on BSE, while the Sensex was down 0.05% at 34,281.62 points. Reuters
- Alyque Padamsee, advertising veteran, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India