Mindtree appoints Apurva Purohit to board of directors
Co-founder Parthasarathy N.S. has been elevated as an executive director in addition to his existing responsibilities
- Ghosn demise ripples from Tokyo to Paris as allegations grow
- CCI to probe alleged antitrust behaviour by Maersk, DP World at Mumbai port: Report
- Raj Nayak quits Viacom18
- The writing is very clear on the wall, Supreme Court warns Amrapali Group
- Free shipping becomes a blessing and curse at Amazon and Target
Bangalore: Mid-sized software services firm Mindtree Ltd has appointed Apurva Purohit to its board of directors—the Bangalore-based firm’s first woman board member—and elevated company veteran and co-founder Parthasarathy N.S. as an executive director in addition to his existing responsibilities.
Purohit is chief executive officer (CEO) of Music Broadcast Pvt. Ltd, which operates the Radio City 91.1 FM station and joins the board at a time when Mindtree is making a number of changes in its top-level management as part of an organizational rejig to start stronger growth.
“As we move forward with our transition to be an expertise-led organization, it will be extremely helpful to have the benefit of Apurva Purohit’s vast experience,” Subroto Bagchi, chairman of Mindtree, said in a statement.
“It is an honor to be a part of the stellar team at Mindtree. I look forward to contribute towards the next phase of growth for the company,” said Purohit, who will also be a part of the Mindtree’s audit committee.
Parthasarathy, who was elevated to executive director, heads Mindtree’s enterprise services business.
Over the past year, Mindtree has made a number of changes to its top-level executive team and also effected an organizational restructuring that saw the company collapsing two key positions—CEO of IT business and CEO of product and engineering business. As part of the overhaul, all vertical business units started reporting to CEO Krishnakumar Natarajan from July.
At the time of the strategic overhaul that the company conducted with management and consulting firm Bain and Co. in May, one of the company’s co-founders and head of its IT business, Anjan Lahiri left Mindtree and joined software firm Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd as CEO.
In October, Mindtree appointed former Infosys executive Paul Gottsegen as its new marketing and strategy head to replace George Zacharias, who now leads strategic initiatives and mergers and acquisitions at the company.
Mindtree’s shares closed down 1.48% at Rs.1545.30 on the BSE on Thursday while the benchmark Sensex gained 0.20% to 21,074.59 points.
Editor's Picks »
- Won’t contest 2019 LS polls, says Sushma Swaraj
- Opinion | Youth, tribals’ issues key to Chhattisgarh development
- Opinion | Contract enforcement needs to be improved on war footing
- NDA govt’s policies helped India jump 23 ranks in doing business
- Opinion | We need to think beyond ease of doing business ranking