Explained: How to change boarding station through IRCTC website
According to the IRCTC website, if a passenger changes the boarding point once, he will lose all rights to board the train from the original boarding point
New Delhi: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), which operates the e-ticketing website of Indian Railways, offers the facility of changing boarding stations online. The user can log in to his IRCTC account and change the boarding station. However, this facility is restricted to online bookings, mentioned IRCTC.
Want to #board #train from another #station but #ticket has been booked? Change your boarding station right from #IRCTC #eTicketing website.— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) April 27, 2018
Just log on to https://t.co/s3mX8V8YUd
or download IRCTC Rail Connect App:https://t.co/Rc3TO3JkVu pic.twitter.com/7tutd8W62r
Steps for changing boarding point online:
1. Log in to the IRCTC website with your login ID and password.
2. Click on the option ‘Booking Ticket History’.
3. You will be redirected to the Booked Train Tickets page. There you can select the appropriate train for which you want to change your boarding point -- select the train in the radio button. Before selecting make sure you are selecting the correct train.
4. Click on the ‘Change Boarding Point’ button.
5. You will be redirected to the ‘Change Boarding Point’ page and where you can see the train details for which you want to modify the boarding station.
6. Select New Boarding Station from the drop-down menu under the Change Boarding Station section.
Key things to know about changing boarding station online:
1. A passenger who has booked online tickets via IRCTC can change his boarding station online 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, IRCTC says on its website.
2. The new feature is available to all passengers who have booked their train tickets online and not through travel agents or the Passenger Reservation System.
3. According to the IRCTC website, if a passenger changes the boarding point once, he will lose all rights to board the train from the original boarding point.
4. Boarding point change is allowed only once, says the IRCTC website.
5. If found travelling without required authority, the passenger will have to pay the fare with penalty between original boarding point and the revised boarding point.
6. Boarding point change is not allowed if a ticket is seized.
7. Boarding point change is not allowed for PNRs with the VIKALP option.
8. Online boarding point change is not allowed for I-Ticket.
9. Boarding point change is not allowed for current booking ticket, according to IRCTC rules.
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- Wipro spins out govt business as separate segment
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies