NCDEX appoints Vijay Kumar Venkataraman as MD & CEO
New Delhi: Leading commodity bourse NCDEX on Thursday announced the appointment of Vijay Kumar Venkataraman as the new managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of the exchange for three years.
He brings over 25 years of experience in leadership roles in the areas of commodity trading and merchandising along with risk management, logistics and operations, it said.
Kumar is an agro-industry veteran who has worked for companies like National Bulk Handling Corporation, Cargill, Reliance Industries, Arthur Andersen, ITC Ltd, Britannia and Sharp Group. He had also worked at NCDEX as chief business officer between June 2009 to September 2014.
NCDEX chairman Nabi Narayan Das said Kumar’s “wealth of experience in this domain will be a great asset to the company”. NCDEX stands at the cusp of various promising initiatives, and “I am confident that under his visionary leadership, we will achieve new heights”, Das said in a statement. He thanked outgoing MD and CEO Samir Shah for his support over the last four years and the role he has played in helping NCDEX achieve key goals.
- North Korea’s nuclear declaration: what it does and does not mean
- US-China trade impasse shows no signs of easing as G-20 meets
- Global economy: It is just a cold, or something more serious
- Flipkart could sale controlling stake to Walmart as early as next week
- Narendra Modi holds talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel