Central Bank of India Q1 net loss at Rs576.76 crore
Central Bank of India’s total income stood at Rs6,870.78 crore for the first quarter under review, as against Rs6,662.68 crore in the year-ago period
New Delhi: State-run Central Bank of India on Saturday reported a net loss of Rs576.76 crore for the quarter ended 30 June.
The bank had reported a net loss of Rs599.81 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago. Total income stood at Rs6,870.78 crore for the quarter under review, as against Rs6,662.68 crore in the first quarter of the previous fiscal, Central Bank of India said in a Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) filing.
Its provisioning and contingencies, however, fell to Rs1,269.02 crore during the quarter from Rs1,543.66 crore a year ago. Gross non-performing assets (NPA) of the bank rose to 18.23% from 13.52%, while net NPA too jumped to 11.04% from 8.17%.
- Microsoft shares at all-time high after bumper results
- UPL Corp to buy Platform Specialty’s agrochemical business Arysta for $4.2 bn
- Tata Motors in talks to sell engineering unit stake
- Sterlite copper plant shutdown could cost $100 million: Vedanta’s Anil Agarwal
- Wipro to buy Alight’s India operations for $117 million
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself