Amazon opens 15 warehouses for AmazonNow in 4 cities
The warehouses for online groceries service, AmazonNow, will come up in Bengaluru, New Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad
New Delhi: E-commerce firm Amazon India on Monday announced a specialized network of 15 warehouses for AmazonNow, an app-only online groceries service with speedy delivery of daily essentials items, in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
“The expansion is set-up to ensure speed and enhance the delivery experience for the customer. With the launch of these ‘fulfilment centres’, Amazon India has dedicated close to 120,000 cubic feet of storage space for AmazonNow deliveries in key metros,” an Amazon India statement said.
The warehouses are equipped with temperature-controlled zones to store and deliver perishable products such as fruits and vegetables, dairy products and chilled frozen products. Besides this, the centres will store smartphones, laptops, kitchen appliances, other consumer electronic products, beauty products and household supplies, the statement added.
- McDonald’s adopts eco-friendly cutlery in West and South India
- US investors seek Chanda Kochhar’s ouster from ICICI Bank
- LIC seeks govt nod to buy controlling stake in IDBI Bank
- NCLT allows extension of the deadline to evaluate bidders of Mandhana Industries
- Chai Point expects aggressive growth in its vending machines business