Videocon Industries Q2 net loss at Rs1,033.69 crore
Videocon’s revenue from consumer electronics and home appliance segment was down 71.94% to Rs713.79 crore as against Rs2,544.24 crore
New Delhi: Debt-ridden Videocon Industries on Monday reported widening of net loss of Rs1,033.69 crore for the second quarter ended 30 September 2017.
It had reported a net loss of Rs403.66 crore for the July-September quarter of 2016-17 fiscal, Videocon Industries informed BSE. Its total income declined 68.30% to Rs855.77 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs2,700.08 crore in the corresponding period previous fiscal.
Videocon Industries’ total expense during the period was at Rs1,997.35 crore as against Rs3,212.00 crore. Revenue from consumer electronics and home appliance segment was down 71.94% to Rs713.79 crore as against Rs2,544.24 crore.
Its crude oil and natural gas segment was up 1.76% to Rs103.57 crore as against Rs101.77 crore. For the first half of 2017-18, Videocon Industries’ standalone net loss widened to Rs1,919.51 crore as against Rs772.41 crore of the corresponding period.
Its total income during April-September was at Rs2,497.88 crore as against Rs5,589.02 crore of the corresponding period previous fiscal.
Shares of Videocon Industries on Monday settled at Rs26 on BSE, up 4.84% from previous close.
Editor's Picks »
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
- Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif face-off as Pakistan goes to polls this week
- Khazanah in early talks to invest in Pepe’s India arm
- Rajnath visits Assam days before release of second draft of NRC
- The Karnataka village that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself