Mindtree Q4 profit plunges 27%, misses estimates
- India’s IT services sector should not be just an outsourcing industry, says Faqir Chand Kohli
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher, ICICI Securities, Airtel in news
- Capital Float raises $22 million equity funding from Amazon
- Poland to partner with West Bengal to expand bilateral trade with India
- Karnataka assembly elections: BJP releases list of seven candidates
Bengaluru: Information technology company Mindtree Ltd said consolidated net profit fell 27% in the fourth quarter hurt by a foreign exchange loss and fewer client additions.
The lower-than-expected profit came in at Rs97.2 crore ($15.04 million) for the three months ended 31 March, marking the fourth consecutive quarterly profit decline.
Analysts on average were expecting consolidated profit at Rs105 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Mindtree incurred a consolidated foreign exchange loss of Rs28.8 crore in the quarter, against a gain of Rs3.1 crore a year earlier. Clients added in the fourth quarter dropped 46% to 20. Reuters