Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
Vishal Wanchoo succeeds Banmali Agrawala, who is moving on from GE to join Tata Sons
New Delhi: General Electric on Wednesday announced the appointment of Vishal Wanchoo as President & CEO of GE South Asia effective 1 October, 2017. Wanchoo succeeds Banmali Agrawala, who is moving on from GE to join Tata Sons as President of its infrastructure, defence and aerospace business.
He has been with GE for almost 20 years and till recently he was the Commercial Growth Leader for GE’s Global Growth Organisation, the company said in a statement. “GE has been in this region for over 100 years, impacting lives of people through its various businesses.
We have succeeded in building a robust team under Banmali’s leadership and have achieved key business milestones in the region,” John Rice, Vice Chairman, GE said. Wanchoo said these are exciting times for GE.
“We are at the cusp of a significant transformation into a digital industrial company. I look forward to lead GE South Asia in its next chapter of growth”.
Editor's Picks »
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
- Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif face-off as Pakistan goes to polls this week
- Khazanah in early talks to invest in Pepe’s India arm
- Rajnath visits Assam days before release of second draft of NRC
- The Karnataka village that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself