Hero MotoCorp sales up 43% in December at 4,72,731 units
New Delhi: Hero MotoCorp on Tuesday reported 43% jump in sales at 4,72,731 units in December 2017 as against 3,30,202 units in the year-ago month.
The company said it sold a record 72,07,363 units of two-wheelers in the whole of 2017.
Hero MotoCorp CMD and CEO Pawan Munjal said, “2017 has been a landmark year in our strategic endeavour to further consolidate our market leadership.”
He said despite a challenging industry environment, the company successfully “created a series of benchmarks, not only for the Indian market but also for the global automotive industry”.
“We are now entering the last quarter of this fiscal with a strong focus on the premium segment and scooters and we are confident of sustaining our growth momentum,” Munjal said.
- As formalization lags, logistics firms pin hopes on GST e-way bill, better implementation
- Mahindra on rough terrain as Maruti Suzuki grabs No. 1 slot in utility vehicles
- Opening bell: Global markets drop on trade war fears; M&M, Union Bank in news
- Thanks to Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone and Idea are squeezed from both ends
- Is universal basic income a feasible idea in India?