IKEA’s first Indian store to open in Hyderabad on August 9
Before beginning sale of its home furnishing products from August 9, IKEA has been giving a sneak peek to its products and solutions at IKEA Hej HOME in Hyderabad
New Delhi: Promising to provide about 7,500 home furnishing products at attractive prices, Swedish furniture maker IKEA has announced that its first Indian outlet will be launched in Hyderabad on August 9. The launch was earlier planned for July 19 but got delayed.
“Our main priority is to create an inspiring and safe experience for both customers and coworkers. Opening the first Indian IKEA store in Hyderabad means a lot to IKEA and we want to offer the best possible meeting with IKEA for the many Indian customers,” IKEA Retail India’s CEO Peter Betzel said in a statement.
IKEA Group CEO Jesper Brodin would be present on the launch of the company’s first store in India. The company, which already has 403 stores in 49 countries, has been sourcing its products from India for the last 30 years for its global stores before it got permission for single brand retail FDI.
Before beginning sale of its products, IKEA has been giving a sneak peek to its products and solutions at IKEA Hej HOME in Hyderabad. The furniture maker is coming up with a membership plan under which special discounts will be provided to patrons.
IKEA’s website says they are not yet providing the option of online shopping but shows the prices of various products.
After Hyderabad, IKEA plans to expand into several cities of India in the next few years. Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi & NCR and Chennai are on its map already.
IKEA’s Hyderabad store has come up with an investment of ₹1,000 crore. This would provide 1,000 direct and 1,500 indirect jobs at the store, and 50% of the employees would be women.
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- Wipro spins out govt business as separate segment
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
Editor's Picks »
- 2nd Trump-Kim summit to take place at end of February
- To boost confidence in oil cut, OPEC issues quota list
- China said to offer path to end US trade imbalance
- BlackRock, Goldman said to move some fund managers to US if no-deal Brexit
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das sees inflation assessment as a challenge
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies