Uber adds in-app chat, multi-destination feature in India
The in-app chat feature on the Uber app will allow users to provide their location without sharing their phone numbers, multi-destination feature will enable multiple stops
New Delhi: Cab aggregator Uber Technologies Inc. on Monday said it has rolled out two new features—‘in-app chat’ and ‘multi- destination’—to improve experience for its riders in India.
Using the in-app chat feature, riders can provide information like their exact location without incurring any call charges. It will also be available for ‘Pool’ riders. Also, both riders and driver partners will be able to see if their chats were delivered and read, helping confirm the receipt of communication, Uber said in a statement.
“This features also means that regardless of where they are located across the globe, riders and drivers won’t have to share their phone number with one another should they have to get in touch,” it added.
The multi-destination feature will enable riders to add multiple stops along their route, it said, adding that the same can be used while booking the trip.
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors
- Indian Railways will become net zero-carbon emitter by 2030: Piyush Goyal
- Gujarat NRE Coke proposes to repay ₹2,961 crore over 20-year period
- After Audi CEO arrest, key stakeholders in crisis talks
- Pradeep Parameswaran named Uber’s India head
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead