Bajaj Auto sales up 3% in August at 3,35,031 units
Domestic sales increased marginally at 2,00,659 units as against 2,00,314 units in the same month last year, Bajaj Auto said
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto Ltd on Friday reported 2.98% increase in total sales in August at 3,35,031 units as against 3,25,347 units in the same month last year. Domestic sales increased marginally at 2,00,659 units as against 2,00,314 units in the same month last year, Bajaj Auto said in a statement.
Total motorcycle sales were at 2,83,861 units as against 2,79,911 units in August last year, up 1.4%. Domestic motorcycle sales were at 1,71,664 units last month as compared to 1,74,719 units in August last year, down 1.75%. Bajaj Auto said its total commercial vehicles sales stood at 51,170 units as against 45,436 units in the year-ago month, a growth of 12.62%.
Exports during the month were at 1,34,372 units as compared to 1,25,033 units in the corresponding month last year, up 7.47%, the company added.
Editor's Picks »
- Narendra Modi tears into opposition, wins trust vote
- Flipkart, Hotstar join hands for ad platform
- Hug-hug, wink-wink: Rahul Gandhi attacks govt over Rafale, unemployment, lynchings
- India, US to finally hold twice-postponed ‘2+2 dialogue’ on 6 September
- Collegium maintains stand on elevation of Joseph to SC, sends two more names to govt
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself