S Padmanabhan nominated as chairman of Tata Power
Last month, Padmanabhan was appointed the additional director and prior to joining the Tata Power board, he was the executive chairman of Tata Business Excellence Group
New Delhi: Tata Power on Wednesday said S. Padmanabhan has been nominated as the chairman of the board of directors of the company. “S. Padmanabhan, additional director on the company’s board, has been nominated as Chairman of the board of directors of the company effective January 4, 2017,” Tata Power said in a BSE filing.
Last month, Padmanabhan was appointed the additional director. Prior to joining the Tata Power board, he was the executive chairman, Tata Business Excellence Group (TBExG), and was recently given the additional responsibility as Head of Group HR for Tata Sons. Padmanabhan has been associated with the Tata group for over 34 years.
The nomination comes against the backdrop of Cyrus Mistry’s resignation as director of the company in December. After an eight-week bitter boardroom battle, the ousted Tata Group chairman Mistry had quit from boards of listed companies.
Editor's Picks »
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars