Glenmark gets USFDA nod for generic version of Welchol tablets
Glenmark Pharma said it has already commenced supplies of Colesevelam Hydrochloride tablets, 625 mg, the generic version of Daiichi Sankyo’s Welchol tablets, 625 mg, in the US market
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharma on Monday said it has received final approval from the US health regulator for Colesevelam Hydrochloride tablets, 625 mg, the generic version of Daiichi Sankyo’s Welchol tablets, 625 mg.
“Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA has been granted final approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) for Colesevelam Hydrochloride tablets, 625 mg,” the company said in a BSE filing on Saturday.
The company said it has already commenced supplies of the product to the US market. Quoting IQVIA sales data for the 12-month period ending March 2018, Glenmark Pharma said the Welchol tablets, 625 mg, achieved annual sales of approximately $519.9 million.
The company’s current portfolio consists of 135 products authorised for distribution in the US market and 62 abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs) pending approval with the USFDA, it added.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 0.12% lower at Rs 502.05 on the BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Walmart completes deal to buy Flipkart for $16 billion
- Volkswagen CEO knew about emissions software months before scandal
- Insolvency: Govt may come up with new law for registered valuers
- Rupee likely to stabilise at 68-69 a dollar, says government
- Turkey will defy economic threats, says President Erdogan