Eveready Industries Q3 net profit falls 40% to Rs21 crore
Eveready Industries’s total income during the December quarter stood at Rs373.80 crore, compared to Rs346.90 crore in the year-ago period
New Delhi: Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday reported a 40.49% decline in net profit at Rs20.94 crore for the quarter ended 31 December 2017, mainly on account of higher expenses.
The battery maker had posted a net profit of Rs35.19 crore during the same period a year ago, Eveready Industries said in a regulatory filing.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs373.80 crore, compared to Rs346.90 crore in the December quarter of 2016-17. The company said revenue for the period is not comparable on account of implementation of goods and service tax from 1 July 2017.
Expenses during the quarter were Rs347.06 crore as against Rs318.34 crore in the same period previous fiscal.
At 2.24pm, Everyday Industries shares were trading 4.97% lower at Rs377.50 apiece on BSE, while the Sensex fell 1.03% to 34,706.42.
Editor's Picks »
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey