Eveready Industries Q3 net profit falls 40% to Rs21 crore
Eveready Industries’s total income during the December quarter stood at Rs373.80 crore, compared to Rs346.90 crore in the year-ago period
New Delhi: Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday reported a 40.49% decline in net profit at Rs20.94 crore for the quarter ended 31 December 2017, mainly on account of higher expenses.
The battery maker had posted a net profit of Rs35.19 crore during the same period a year ago, Eveready Industries said in a regulatory filing.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs373.80 crore, compared to Rs346.90 crore in the December quarter of 2016-17. The company said revenue for the period is not comparable on account of implementation of goods and service tax from 1 July 2017.
Expenses during the quarter were Rs347.06 crore as against Rs318.34 crore in the same period previous fiscal.
At 2.24pm, Everyday Industries shares were trading 4.97% lower at Rs377.50 apiece on BSE, while the Sensex fell 1.03% to 34,706.42.
- Leena AI secures $2 million seed funding from Snapdeal co-founders, Elad Gil
- Oyo plans to hire 2,020 technology experts in next two years
- Metro Cash and Carry to digitize 5 lakh kirana stores
- Reliance Jio, Star India in five-year deal for cricket telecast on JioTV
- HomeLane pilots new experience centre model to expand footprint faster
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude