Leading television producer Gautam Adhikari passes away
Mumbai: Leading television producer, Gautam Adhikari, who is considered as one of the pioneers of the Marathi TV industry, passed away at his residence in Mumbai on Friday after a brief illness, his family said.
He was 67. The last rites will be performed at 11am in Vile Parle suburban area of Mumbai. Gautam and his brother Markand started a company — Sri Adhikari Brothers (SAB) Group — in 1985 as a small family owned partnership firm. It went on to become the first publicly-listed television production company in India when it was listed on the BSE in 1995.
The company initially produced serials in Marathi, but soon ventured into film distribution and production business. It is a leading Indian media and entertainment conglomerate with interests in broadcast, films, content production and publishing. Gautam Adhikari, who was a diploma holder in commercial art, had directed several films and serials.
- Why it pays to be the early bird in adopting a cybersecurity strategy
- For artificial intelligence, good quality data is a necessity, says Guido Jouret
- Dow Jones plunges over 500 points on Trump China tariff order
- Market volatility seen affecting IPO plans of smaller companies
- India, China hold confidence building border talks