SAP, Alibaba team up on cloud services
SAP will offer its S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform via Alibaba, enabling Chinese companies to run their businesses using the IaaS model
Huangzhou/Frankfurt: SAP SE, the German business software company, said today it was teaming up with Alibaba to offer its flagship products on the Chinese company’s cloud infrastructure. SAP chief executive Bill McDermott said the group would offer its S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform products via Alibaba, enabling companies in China run their business processes using an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) model.
SAP, Europe’s most valuable technology company, also cooperates with US cloud providers as it ncourages clients to make a transition away from running its software on on-site servers to remote data centres. It recently launched a new marketing suite, called C/4HANA, which competes directly with cloud-based US rival Salesforce Inc.
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India